"The emancipation of women may have begun not with the vote, nor in the cities where women marched and carried signs and protested, but rather when they mounted a good cow horse and realized how different and fine the view. From the back of a horse, the world looks wider."
Joyce Gibson Roach, Western author
The Dunrovin Ranch Discovery Club is an adult recreation, social, and service club centered on Dunrovin Ranch’s animal and nature based recreational, educational, and community outreach programs. Discover Club members receive deep discounts for use of the ranch, recreational equipment, horses, educational programs, and participate in adventures open only to club members.
Why join an adventure club?
- Social— Developing friendships with a group of like-minded people; always having someone ready to share an adventure
- Financial— Access to resources you need not own yourself — horses, canoes, trucks, trailers, small ranch along the Bitterroot River with swimming hole, riding arena, obstacle course, dance hall, garden, and orchard; group discounts on travel and accommodations
- Knowledge — Connecting with experts, artists, scientists, authors, trainers, teachers, and local characters of all sorts across Montana.
Discovery Club Organization and Activities
The Discovery Club members work with the Clubs board and Dunrovin Ranch staff to organize and conduct all types of activities, adventures, outings, and educational opportunities. Communication among club members and with the ranch staff is facilitated by regularly scheduled club meetings and by participating in the club forum. Typical club activities include:
- Workshops, clinics, and retreats on a wide range of topics such as fly fishing, canoeing, to wild flower identification, creative writing, horsemanship skills, back country first aid, organic gardening, yoga for horseback riding, and cultural and natural history.
- Day trips and tours for wildlife viewing, cultural festivals and events, trail horseback rides, canoe trips, and fishing.
- Multiple day adventures with and without horses across Montana to explore via new territory, meet local experts to enrich our experienc, and enjoy the many cultural and natural wonders of our great state!
Club members have unlimited access to Dunrovin Ranch on a scheduled basis for their personal use such as fishing, swimming or floating the Bitterroot River, picnics, and visiting and grooming Dunrovin horses. Members may also rent Dunrovin Ranch facilities and river recreation equipment at greatly reduced prices.
Club members may also participate in the horsemanship program and use Dunrovin Horses for their personal use. The horsemanship program emphasizes safety, natural horsemanship training, developing a meaningful relationship with Dunrovin horses, and trail riding. Program members progress through four levels of horsemanship: beginners, novices, intermediate, and advance riders. As a member’s ability to safely ride Dunrovin horses increases privileges increase!
Members are encouraged to work with Dunrovin Ranch to bring the many emotional, spiritual, and physical benefits of outdoor recreation, contact with nature, and working with animals to persons at risk or in need. Dunrovin Ranch in cooperation with the non profit The Friends of Dunrovin to sponsor many community outreach and charitable opportunities
Discovery Club Fees and Member Prices
Call Dunrovin Ranch for more details.